Binary Relations: An Interactive Diagram
- Click and drag to create new edges
- Selected edges are marked by dotted lines
- To delete edges, select and edge and press Delete
- Edges can only be drawn from the Domain to the Co-Domain
This is a simple interactive diagram created to help students in discrete math recognize and test different types of binary relations.
- Function: less than or equal to 1 arrow out
- Surjective: greater than or eqaul to 1 arrow in
- Total: greater than or equal to 1 arrow out
- Injective: less than or equal to 1 arrow in
- Bijective: 1 arrow out and 1 arrow in
These conditional statements verify if there is at most or at least one arrow going in or out of a node. Edges can only come out of the Domain and end in the Co-Domain.
A "Related" Comic
Created by Christopher Geier and Hamza Ilyas using D3